Saturday, December 26, 2009

Mmmm... Christmas-y...

Pretty sweet Christmas holiday for me. It started off with a nice Christmas Eve breakfast with Maggie at Helser's on Alberta. They have a pretty cool $5 brekky special before 9am, but I was lured away from the special by my inability to refrain from ordering Eggs Benedict. This version was made with Zenner's Ham and served with kick-ass Yukon Gold Hash. It was the bomb.
The rest of Christmas Eve was family time... Beating the parents at Scrabble, watching a movie, hanging out, then having the traditional Christmas Eve night present-opening. (When we were kids, we always got our main presents from our parents on Christmas Eve night, then Santa came and filled our stockings with smaller things Christmas morning... In hindsight, it seems only fair for parents to take credit for the good gifts, rather than giving Santa all the credit... and when you know it's your parents and not Santa who buy the presents, you are more likely to understand when you don't get a pony...)
Christmas dinner (above) was possibly the best we've ever made, and confirmed our suspicions that we are in fact quite awesome. And, of course, the second best part of cooking a standing rib roast for Christmas dinner (after the dinner itself) is bomb-ass French Dip sandwiches for Boxing Day lunch. Mmm....

3 comments:

Chef E said...

I was wondering...could you put up a 'follow me' button from the layout? Unless you prefer no one really pays attention to your rather cute writing and travel adventures :)

Come over and let me know what you decide, or don't :) I will get the message...

Stanley said...

I should not have read this. I was starting to become perfectly content with vegetable samosas every day. "What do I need with big, meaty sandwich?" I told myself. Damn you.

emmo said...

Mmmm... That really was a damn fine sandwich. =)