Monday, June 15, 2009

Wine Tasting, a Concert, and a Programming Note

I'm quite the bad blog-poster lately... Way back last Sunday I had a little wine-tasting get-together as a preliminary birthday celebration (in an effort to stretch my birthday out for as long as possible, and also to be able to invite some people who I wouldn't be able to invite to my limited-seating birthday dinner the next weekend). We went with Syrah as a theme this time and grilled up some lamb kofta kabobs (pretty much the spread I wrote about here) along with some awesome meze... all of which I forgot to take pictures of. The Syrah tasting was a much more successful venture quality-wise than the Pinot tasting had been. Terre Rouge from central California was the winner, although all but one (I'm looking at you, random Spanish Syrah) were quite drinkable.
On Wednesday I headed back down to the House of Blues to see Jenny Lewis. I wish she'd done a bit more of her acoustic stuff (in part because it was awesome when she did it, and in part because we were seated very very close to the speakers and her acoustic songs were less deafening...), but overall I really enjoyed the show, while not being particularly blown away by it...
Finally, a quick programming note: Weekly Bunnies is taking the week off, and will return next week as Fortnightly Bunnies... I'm thinking less than half of my posts on this nominally food-centered blog should be about how cute my rabbits are...

No comments: