Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Bunnies!

One major change in my household that happened on New Year's Eve was the introduction of this gorgeous bunny:
I took Jax to meet her on New Year's Eve, and she actually groomed him a couple times at the foster home, so we decided there was potential for love... Plus, look at them together:
I think that's more cuteness than most people would be able to resist...
We've had a few bonding sessions here, and she sometimes grooms him, but he's still learning about the whole "reciprocating" concept... When she stops grooming so he can groom her, he just gets angry and nips at her to ask to be groomed some more... Oh, Jax... 
Since Jax has had control of my bedroom, the office, and the living room (he has access to the whole house, but everything beyond the living room has scared him...), Tara has set up shop at the end of the kitchen, where she has easy access to the back yard.  She absolutely loves playing outside, and reminds me so much of Charley... Here she is lounging under my lime tree, like Charley used to...
As soon as I opened the back door for her, she knew what was up... (whereas my sweet little Jax still finds "backwards stairs" (the ones that go down) baffling...)
Once she got out there, she was binkying up a storm...
... and exploring...
...and running...
 
and getting her paws muddy having too much fun...
Because it is FREEZING outside, I can only humor her for so long before I lock her back inside... at which point she breaks my heart by doing things like this:
The other morning after running around in the freezing cold, she spent the next hour burying herself in her blanket...  Such a cute little dork...
I'm calling her Tara for now, which I think is going to stick... and, while I originally vowed to only adopt her after she and Jax became best friends, I fell in love with her the first time I saw her playing in the yard, so she's part of the household now (no matter how long it takes her and Jax to start snuggling)...

No comments: