Sunday, December 30, 2012

A Weird Year...

So, 2012 turned out to be a pretty chaotic year for me.  After my pain issues made it impossible to continue my job, I had to go onto long-term disability and move to Portland (where I grew up from birth to age 18, but where I also hadn't lived in the last 15 years...) to be closer to family.  After crashing with my parents for a few months, I found the perfect rental less than a mile away (so we can have cooking fun together and they can also assist with the ever-growing list of things I need help with around the house)... 
Just before I moved, the best bunny in the history of bunnies passed away... and a week after moving in I adopted my little Jackson and have been enjoying the process of getting to know him (and teaching him that the world isn't so scary) ever since.  
 
I had grand plans for getting back to doing more cooking this year, but with all the chaos of moving (twice) and learning to deal with my new pain levels, that hasn't really happened.  I'm looking forward to 2013.  I have an epic list of things I want to cook, and all kinds of new kitchen toys to play with.  Hopefully I'll be popping up in this space more often in the coming year.

2 comments:

Nedwell said...

Emily, I look forward to more posts. (A PDX'er who discovered your blogs when you were a proper Bostonian.)

Don't know if you've checked out the multiple farmer's markets yet. I think we take it a little for granted that the produce quality here is really quite good.

emmo said...

@Nedwell: Thanks! =) I'm definitely looking forward to checking out more farmers' markets when the weather warms up. That was always my favorite part of my weekend routine back when I lived in southern California... Hitting up the farmer's market first thing ever Saturday... (and occasionally stalking Julia Child when she was there... heh.)