Monday, January 31, 2011

Extremely Bad News

The incomparable, awesome Dennis died last night. He had been acting strange during the day, hiding in weird places. He hadn't been under the recliner in weeks, but I always open and close the chair slowly so he has time to move if he snuck under there when I wasn't looking. In the past he would always come hopping right out when the chair started to move. Last night, for whatever reason, he didn't come out. A few seconds later I heard his front paws scratching and I knelt down and saw that his hind legs weren't working. As I held him his front paws stopped working, too, and I knew this wasn't something he would be recovering from. I held him and stroked his fur and told him what a good bunny he was as he died in my arms. I feel absolutely terrible, and my heart is broken. He was such an amazing bunny. It's hard to believe he's really gone.

1 comment:

mamabunny72 said...

Oh my gosh, Emily. I am so sorry. :'(