Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Bunnies!

Just a quick update on the guys. I basically have two combinations of three bonded rabbits right now. Rico and Pedro are in love again, and both Charley and Dennis love them but not each other. Look at this guy:How could anyone not love that face? Not a ton of pictures, since everyone seems to be hanging out in the hallway and there aren't many good angles in there. Basically, Pedro spends a lot of his time snuggling with Rico in the hallway. Charley sometimes joins in, sometimes runs around like a maniac, and sometimes goes back to the big cage in the kitchen to rest without having to worry about Dennis. Look at this terrifying beast!Sometimes Pedro comes back to the big cage to snuggle Charley, too... because Pedro is the sweetest bunny ever. I've taken to doing family meals in the hallway. Dennis is out there (or ramming his way into my room) most mornings, so he will eat breakfast with Rico and Pedro no matter where I put their food (and no matter how much food is in his own cage). Pardon all the poo on the puppy pads in the picture. This corner is pretty much Bonding Central, so a lot of territory is constantly being marked. (Thanks, guys!) Charley can't handle being around Dennis during meals, so I give him his own pile of food where he doesn't have to worry about anyone else eating it:Sometimes Dennis is with me in the den at dinner time, so I serve him dinner in his cage and Charley joins Pedro and Rico for family supper... Sometimes Dennis is out chilling with his new brothers (minus Charley) at dinner time, so he eats with them and Charley eats on his own. I really think we're getting there. Dennis is a very good sport about Charley's insanity, and I know Charley will eventually calm down... or, at least, I hope he will... eventually...

UPDATE: We've had a four-bunny family breakfast going on sporadically for the last two mornings. Is there any more handsome pair of bunnies than Rico and Dennis? I doubt it...

No comments: