Thursday, September 23, 2010

Pedro is a Dork.

Pedro? He is a giant dork. I don't really know what goes on in his tiny little brain. His latest weirdness comes in the form of his new napping position, in which he sits outside of his cage and shoves his nose between the bars. Behold:
He was doing this on pretty much a daily basis for a while. Charley refuses to participate in this madness...
Here's an interior shot, for the full effect...
Pedro and I have been locked in a bit of a landlady-tenant dispute about where he should and should not be allowed to urinate. His opinion is that the entire kitchen should be fair game, while I feel that he should confine these activities to his cage. He's had to be locked up a bit because of that, so I worked out a system where Charley can go in and out but Pedro stays in. It's been sweet to see that (when he's not out begging for treats) Charley usually opts to be in the cage so he can snuggle with his friend. Speaking of begging for treats, this is what I have to put up with:
Who could say no to that face? He's obsessed with the dehydrated carrot-ginger treats that I now make specially for him, and stands up with his paws on me begging for them whenever I come near the cage. He fell off the other day while doing this (he gets a bit too excited sometimes), but luckily I caught him 6 inches into his fall and he was safe (if a little startled). Dork.

2 comments:

mamabunny72 said...

The third photo is sooo funny!!

emmo said...

He kills me. He's one of the sweetest little guys ever, but he is so very weird. =)