Monday, September 13, 2010

Bunnies! (aka Charley!!!)

Charley. He is killing me lately. Every time I walk into the kitchen, he immediately runs up to the top of the big cage and stares at me, waiting for the treats he knows I'll give in and provide him with...
I really have no defense against this. If I walk over closer to the table, he stands up and puts his paws on me for support, breathing so excitedly that he starts snorting. It's just about the sweetest thing ever. Luckily, he loves the dehydrated carrot pulp that I made for him last week, so I can give him a "treat" that isn't bad for him and he still feels good and spoiled. If he gets tired of waiting for me, he'll hop around up there a bit, licking the ginger in the basket or grooming himself. Here I caught him with his cute little tongue sticking out...
He continues to nap better than any other bunny. He's such a bundle of energy, but when he crashes he totally crashes...
And, of course, he still loves the snuggles with Pedro...
... and lounging while he eats dinner...
When I see what a happy, crazy, energetic bunny Charley is, I always remember how he was almost put to sleep because of his teeth before Mary rescued him. I'm grateful every day that she was there to save him and get him fixed up, that she told me about him (since I already had one toothless bunny), and that I am impulsive enough to have decided the moment I met him that I needed him to be part of my household.

2 comments:

mamabunny72 said...

I love reading about your bunnies, especially about Pedro and Charley-- lops are near and dear to my heart. You are so lucky to have the goofy, adorable toothless guys... and the handsome Rico :-)

emmo said...

I've always loved lops, too. =) Rico is my first-ever non-lop. If he wasn't the softest thing on the entire planet, I'm not sure I would have known that I needed to adopt him and discover how very awesome he is. (Plus, he was bonded with Pedro, so he had that working in his favor...) I definitely feel lucky to have these three little guys with such fun, diverse personalities... =D