Sunday, September 5, 2010

Bonus Bunnies!

Apologies for the consecutive bunny posts, but the kitchen bunnies are absurdly cute. Let's start with a nice snuggling picture. As I've mentioned before, when Charley wants to snuggle he pretty much tries to force the other bunny to snuggle with him. Pedro is a sweetheart for accepting Charley's forced snuggles...
Charley just flops over in the small space between the wall and Pedro, and Pedro stays where he is so that Charley can feel snuggled... In case you need another angle on that, here it is...
Sometimes they sprawl out in a non-snuggling way...
In this one, they have almost perfect symmetry:
And, of course, sometimes they lounge on their own, like Pedro here in his superman pose...
Charley still enjoys sprawling out on the pile of greens, so he can eat dinner without the added effort of having to stand up...
And, finally, Charley has a new thing he does that absolutely breaks my heart... (The mat in the picture was just tossed there, waiting to be taken downstairs, but then Charley liked sitting on it so I left it for a few days...) He and Rico will often lounge on opposite sides of the fence where they can see each other, but when Rico is around the corner (in his cage or under his Hawk-Proof Napping Table) Charley has taken to napping near the fence, waiting for his "friend" Rico to come back...
I hope that someday they do become friends. Charley desperately wants to hang out with Rico, but I think he probably needs to grow up (or miraculously become a little less crazy) in order for that to happen... Rico tends to be my favorite (since he is grouchy and introverted, just like his human), Pedro is my little angel and is heart-breakingly sweet when he stands on my foot begging for raisins, but Charley has more personality than any bunny I've ever met and cracks me up on a regular basis... I don't even really want him to become less crazy... I just need him to learn that he should act a bit more mellow around grouchy bunnies like Rico.

No comments: