Monday, August 30, 2010

Bunnies!

Mostly sleepy bunnies in this post... The toothless lops seriously know how to nap. I get sleepy just looking at them:
Charley always flops with his ears askew (like in the picture above) like a dork, while Pedro plops down looking completely angelic...
The above poses look comfy to me, but I found Charley today taking a nap like this:
Even Pedro seems to looking at him like "Dude. What are you doing?!?!" And, of course, they do still enjoy smooshing themselves into relatively small spaces (like cave entrances) together...
Charley stepped up the bonding inside the house by figuring out how to open the gate between his space and Rico's space. (He can't do it reproducibly yet, but he knows that if he vigorously shakes the gate with his mouth for long enough, it will open just enough to squeeze through.) I came out Sunday morning to find them both sitting in Rico's space, looking at each other. Later that day Rico decided to lounge just on the other side of the gate (in Charley's space). They're definitely choosing to interact more (even though I later Charley-proofed the gate so that Rico could feel safe in his own space), which is good... but also leads to more territory-marking over by the gate, which I could totally live without. Ah, well. All part of the process. Since they were doing so well together, I took them outside on Sunday for what ended up being about 3 hours while I finished my book. Charley kept bounding over next to my chair to see if I was ready to give him another raisin yet or if I'd hidden one on top of the pet carrier...
I have serious problems saying "no" to that guy when he begs for treats. The cuteness, it overpowers me... Here he is burning off some of those calories, practicing his sprinting (as he likes to do):
Pedro (shockingly) seemed to have the best time of all. He was really brave and did a lot of exploring (rather than just hiding in the pet carrier, as he sometimes does). He's pretty much the sweetest little guy on the planet...
As the temperature went up a bit, everyone took to lounging: Rico under his favorite bush (the one that's hardest to retrieve him from when it's time to go inside), and Charley and Pedro under theirs...
I've been having kind of a rough time with my defective joints lately, and it definitely helps keep my spirits up to have these cuties around... I challenge anyone to snuggle Pedro and not feel instantly better about the world.

2 comments:

Mom said...

So what are your defective joints? the ankles? or something else? Sigh...hoping you are feeling better.

emmo said...

The last few days have been rough with my ankles, and then for the last month or so my shoulder has been pretty bad. Joints are seriously just not very well designed, I tell ya. =)