Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bunnies!

We've taken a couple steps back in the bonding around here lately. Ever since the big fight that happened a week and a half ago (which ended with Rico favoring one of his front paws and Charley nursing a bite in his ear), I've been keeping Charley and Rico apart. Rico is pretty much the "bad bunny" of the bunch (Charley is a brat, but he doesn't pee on my floor like Rico does), so he's locked in Charley's old cage these days. He seems pretty content, I don't have to clean up after him, and Charley and Pedro get to run free, so it seems to be working out for everyone. I had to move him into the living room because Charley keeps getting in his face through the cage bars (did I mention that Charley's a brat?), which isn't particularly fun for Rico. Anyway, that's why I just have Charley and Pedro pictures this week, but Rico is doing well. I'm giving him lots of snuggle therapy, too, which seems to be helping with some of his crankiness. During this time, Pedro discovered that he loves my doormat. LOVES it.
Here he is post-"flop." I never saw him flop like this before he started hanging out with Charley. I feel that all good lops should flop, so this is a good development.
Here he is feeling stoned after licking the hay box for several minutes...
But the best licking apparently involves the outside of my back door:
He spent hours licking my door whenever it was open. It was pretty hilarious. Cutie. Sometimes Charley would come say hi to him...
... but usually Charley is too hyper to just sit on a mat. He prefers running around like a lunatic and leaping into boxes of hay.
With Rico in the living room, I decided to bring back the HPFC. Pedro showed right away that he was glad to have it back...
Charley got the hang of it pretty quickly, too...
And, of course, the "F" in HPFC is for "Food," so there was nomming going on as well...
My two toothless lops are just ridiculously fantastic together. It's really awesome to watch... Oh, and I've appended several more pictures to the end of the last Bunnies al Fresco post (from when my mom and I took the little guys out a couple days after the original post). Check them out if you can't get enough pictures of bunnies frolicking outside...

No comments: