Saturday, February 6, 2010

Bunnies al Fresco

Figuring this may be as little snow as will be on my lawn for the next few months, I decided to go sit in the 15-degree weather for an hour so the bunnies could do some frolicking. I hoped this would get Rico and Charley on better terms, since it's neutral territory, but they still pretty much want each other dead. Without further commentary, here are my little guys...Here's a quick video of Charley being a dork:

And a couple indoor pictures as Charley tries to gain acceptance...
Finally, Pedro grooming his new favorite bunny, Charley.


UPDATE: A couple more pictures and one more video... You may have noticed above (but probably didn't...) that the big cage has a new layout now. This was Pedro's idea, and it was a really good one. (He communicated the idea by shoving around the litter box with his nose until I figured out where he wanted it...)
It's way better, and I really should have thought of it myself. Also, I tend to forget that putting things on top of the big cage does not put them out of Charley's reach. I put the bags of rabbit food up there (since he kept trying to nom on the kale last week when I set those bags on the floor), and he quickly figured out that he could get some good parsley this way... Smart and adorable, that one...

2 comments:

Midge said...

When Charlie is out in the snow he looks like he is camouflaged.

emmo said...

He gets SO happy about being out there... He is indeed perfectly marked for a muddy lawn with patches of snow... =)