Sunday, November 8, 2009

Week 9 Bucs Post (vs. Green Bay, W 38-28)

No, that isn't a typo in the heading. The Bucs are no longer winless. As the game progressed, I found myself moving from a belief that the Bucs will go 1-15 in a best-case-scenario version of the season to a belief that maybe, just maybe, the Bucs will win out, thus going 9-7 and sneaking into the playoffs before shocking the world by winning the Super Bowl. Rational-Emmo knows that such a belief is truly insane, but Bucs-Fan-Emmo knows it to be absolutely true...
Josh Freeman definitely looked like a rookie at times, but also looked like the leader I believe he can be at others. I'm glad he was given the chance to start when he was, so that he has as much chance to learn and grow as possible. In the meantime, defense and special teams stepped up HUGE to support Freeman when he struggled. I was especially proud of the defense, who finally showed some of that pride I'd been wishing for. Bring on the Dolphins!

No comments: