Sunday, November 29, 2009

The Rest of Thanksgiving Weekend

As I mentioned in my last post, I decided to bake some rosemary focaccia this year to use for Turkey, Cranberry, and Brie Sandwiches. It turns out this is one of the easiest breads I've ever made. Twenty minutes in the KitchenAid:
Four hours rising,
a couple 10 minute rises, another hour, 12 minutes in the oven,and you have a beautiful loaf of focaccia:
Look at all the pretty air bubbles inside:
Combine this with leftover turkey and cranberries, some brie, and some arugula, you have the perfect post-Thanksgiving sandwich:
The rest of the leftover turkey and the turkey stock became a big batch of Turkey Posole. It's pretty kick-ass. (There are no pictures because, as with all brothy soups, the good stuff sinks to the bottom and it just looks like a bowl of broth...) For lunch on the day after Thanksgiving I decided to make a trial version of a salad I'm pondering for an upcoming dinner party. I crusted rounds of chevre in panko and thyme, then baked them off until they were crispy on the outside and melty on the inside. I added toasted pinenuts and dried cranberries to the arugula salad, and there you have it:
It was pretty darn tasty, and I'm not really sure what I would tweak next time. I'll have to keep thinking on it... In bunny news, I put down carpet in the hallway so Charley could have his own space. He enjoys sitting on things:
With Charley out of the kitchen, Rico and Pedro can get back to business as usual... Lounging together in the cage
and Pedro burying himself in the hay, as he does:
Off to watch football this afternoon, then back to work tomorrow... Sigh.

No comments: