Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Week 7 Bucs Post (vs. New England, L 7-35)

I realized this weekend that these Bucs are starting to ruin football for me. I think back to the 4-12 season they had when I first moved to Melbourne, and it was so much better than this... and that's not just the best case scenario for these Bucs includes 3 more losses than that. The Bucs were in those games, and when they ended up losing it ripped my heart out. That didn't feel good, but at least it was a feeling. With these Bucs, I feel completely numb at this point. That they will lose most games is a foregone conclusion. I'm not happy about it, but it's hard to feel any particularly strong emotions about those kinds of games. I'm now even having trouble enjoying other games because the Bucs are sucking all of the passion out of me.
The Tampa Tribune made a comment in Week 3 about the rest of the year essentially being an extended preseason for 2010, and I think that's about right. I watch the games to evaluate talent, to see what elements look promising for next year, and to figure out who I can attach my hope for the future to. Even this can be a bit frustrating, though. Tanard Jackson and Aqib Talib both picked off Brady's passes in this game, and Jackson delivered several good hits. They're young guys, so you would think you can look forward to their future with the Bucs... but Jackson was suspended for the first four games of this season over drug issues and Talib has now been charged with battery for the pre-season incident where he repeatedly punched a cab driver in the head while the guy was driving. The bright spot in that story is that they dropped the resisting arrest charge because it was determined that Talib was too hammered to understand what the cop was saying. Aweomse. Ladies and gentlemen: Your Tampa Bay Buccaneers...

No comments: