Sunday, May 24, 2009

Weekly Bunnies

There were a few pretty warm days this week, but things clouded over and cooled down on Saturday, which seemed like perfect weather to take the little guys outside. It's sort of a hassle to take them out there, and sometimes (like when Pedro is leaping 18 inches in the air to binky, as he was on Saturday... sadly not captured on video...) it seems totally worth it... Other times Pedro just sits in the tunnel (which he can totally do inside... although somehow it is a bit cuter outside...)
while Rico decides to go sit under a damn car washing his face:

and it really just doesn't seem worth the hassle... In the end, though, I think the good moments outweigh the bad, so I'll keep schlepping them out there. So, yeah. My little fence was effective in keeping the bunnies out from under my neighbors' car, but Rico figured out on Saturday that he can still get under my car. Awesome. What a dork... I guess I'll have to extend it across the entire grass-line... which means another afternoon of green-stained hands, duct tape, and wire ties... Below are a couple random bunny videos from outside. First up is Pedro, completely overwhelmed by the multitude of options before him when I first brought him out, and unable to decide what to do next. (Final decision? Tunnel...) FYI: The voice in the background of several of these videos is my pregnant neighbor talking on the phone while sitting on the porch chain-smoking...

Here are a couple of Rico running around (with cameos by Pedro)... one running towards me and one running away...


Back inside, the bunnies are usually freaked out by my music in the kitchen, but below is Pedro deciding The National is good music for lounging to (while Rico eats hay):

And a couple bunny-lounging pictures... since this is what they do 90% of the time...
I may have mentioned it before, but these guys were at the shelter for a long time (almost a year, if I recall correctly) before I adopted them, and I really don't understand it because they are such good bunnies. They have great personalities, good litter box habits, and they're absolutely freaking adorable... Not to mention that Rico is the softest thing on the planet. They're slightly high-maintenance (I have to give Rico weekly penicillin shots for a problem with his eye, and I have to chop up their veggies since Pedro doesn't have his front teeth), but nothing that would make me think twice about giving them a home. I guess I'm lucky that nobody else wanted them for all that time, though, since I can't imagine not having them around...

No comments: