Monday, May 18, 2009

Weekly Bunnies

A light week on bunny pictures... I get a lot of my material on the weekends (I tend to forget to have the camera around at other times) and the bunnies - Pedro in particular - spent much of the weekend cowering in fear in the cage due to the fact that I spent a lot of time cooking. I think there was about an 8 hour stretch on Saturday where Pedro was convinced he was about to die. Poor little guy. Rico figured out after the first hour that things were going to be OK, so he ended up having a much better weekend. Even so, I have more Pedro pictures than Rico pictures, which seems to happen most of the time. I think it's because he's a bit slower so he's easier to capture on film... Here's Pedro checking out his pet carrier, as if he hasn't sat in it hundreds of times already:
I bought this little cat thing the other day, thinking it looked like a good place for bunnies to sit... It had been in the kitchen for almost a month with no sign that they'd ever been in there, but this week I came home to find Pedro making use of it. Such a cutie:
Finally, the tunnel bunnies... At one point on Saturday when Pedro was freaking out about cooking smells, he decided he would join Rico in the tunnel for a little added safety (since Rico is sort of his protector... when he's not busy picking on him...). It was just about the cutest thing ever. I love the top picture because you can see Pedro's ear up on Rico's back, but I love the bottom one because Pedro is snuggling his head into Rico so hard... That kills me...
Pedro's been pretty nervous lately, so I haven't taken him outside in a while. Hopefully he'll calm down this week and we can go frolic in the grass for a while... (Well, they will frolic... I will sit around trying to read my book but finding it impossible to do so because of all the distracting cuteness...)

No comments: