Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Weekly Bunnies

Rico and Pedro continue to be scared to death of pretty much all cooking smells. Here they are when I brought in the chicken I had just finished grilling:I hate to see them cowering in fear, but given the choice between that and never cooking again... they're just going to have to get used to it. Speaking of fear, we stayed out until dark on Tuesday night, at which point a huge raccoon came bounding over the fence and running towards Rico. Luckily, Rico is pretty alert when he's outside and the raccoon was coming from about 3o feet away so he had plenty of time to start running away (and for me to hop up and start chasing the raccoon off). We all escaped unscathed, and I'm not sure Pedro even fully noticed that anything was happening. Rico, on the other hand, has since become obsessed with hanging out under this car:(You can barely see him on his little pile of dirt in the bottom picture. This is where he likes to stand to check out what's going on in the yard.) I get that it's cave-like and safe under there, but it's also gross and dirty (oil-and-grease-on-asphalt dirty, not fun-to-dig-in-soil-and-dry-leaves dirty) and I'd really prefer he hang out under the available plant life instead. I'm going to be buying supplies next weekend to block off this area when we go outside from now on... When he's not following Rico's bad influence and sitting under the car, Pedro seems to be enjoying nature a bit more. Tell me this doesn't look like more fun than sitting under a car all day:Finally, below is my video post for the week, which features the little guys checking out their surroundings (during one of the brief periods when Rico came out from under the dang car)... I like seeing them hang out together when they explore. Hopefully there will be more of this when the car is no longer an option...

1 comment:

Alicia said...

Awwww.... more bunny videos, please!!