Sunday, March 29, 2009

Weekly Bunnies

The buns had a pretty busy week, including getting a new place to sit (which was very exciting), getting their nails trimmed, and venturing into previously uncharted culinary territory. Thus, I got a little carried away with the camera this week...
We'll do these pictures in chronological order, starting with the new sitting-place. I started leaving my step-stool out on the carpet, and it turns out to be a great place for bunnies. It offers the always-important protection from hawks while providing a better field of view than the tunnel:
On Saturday, the ladies from Stress Less Grooming came by to trim the little guys' nails. Nail trimming, for those of you who don't know, is usually really traumatic for bunny and owner alike, so it was great to have experts come by and take care of it. The bunnies were ridiculously cute during this experience, and were so at ease that Rico almost fell asleep. It was pretty awesome.
Pedro getting his nails trimmed cracks me up... and I love Rico's fat white belly. Anyway, while the Stress Less ladies were here, I talked to them a bit about rabbit nutrition and found out I probably give the bunnies more spinach than is ideal (since it is very high calcium), and they suggested alternatives including cilantro, parsley, and dandelion greens. I never knew that rabbits were into herbs, but I had some cilantro in the fridge and, sure enough, they were pretty excited to get a handful of it. Because I spoil them rotten, I went back out to the store this morning (I'd done the shopping for me yesterday) and got them a bunch of green stuff (including arugula, which is still their favorite). Here they are checking out the Buffet O' Greens I set up to determine which things they liked best:
Aside from the arugula, which they both gravitated to in the end, it seems that Rico is pretty psyched about the dandelion greens and Pedro is really into the cilantro... Seriously, the cuteness of these two is almost unbearable at times. I'm glad I have new healthy ways to spoil them...

4 comments:

Midge said...

That last picture is insanely cute. I don't know how you get anything done, if I were you I would spend all my time staring at the bunnies!

emmo said...

It is extremely tempting to just sit around watching them be adorable all the time, especially when they're hyper... I imagine Bianca creates similar issues sometimes, though. =)

maggie said...

freaking cute. i like the pic of pedro getting his nails trimmed the best.

emmo said...

I go back and forth between thinking the Pedro nail-trimming picture is the cutest and thinking the Rico nail-trimming picture above it is the cutest... Though I may be biased because I know that Rico's fur is the softest thing on the entire planet... =)