Monday, March 2, 2009

Weekly Bunnies

I am quite the human. (That's a Buffy reference, for those of you who have no culture... But also, as far as the terminology for my relationship to the bunnies goes, I like to think of myself as "their human," since owner sounds harsh and I'm certainly not their mom...) Anyway, I am the best human two little bunnies could wish for because I went out and bought them a rug so that the kitchen would be more fun to hop around in (they still are nowhere near earning enough trust to be let loose in the rest of the house) and Rico has totally come out of his shell. As soon as the rug was in place he came hopping out to explore, and he seems much happier now. Pedro is still a bit of a dork (he often sticks his nose through the bars of the cage, acting like he's trapped even though the cage door is wide open), but he's coming around, too... Also, we seem to have settled on a decor scheme (both in the cage and out in the kitchen) that doesn't make them feel compelled to pee on the floor in protest, which makes all three of us much happier...
Here's Pedro knocking over the treat bowl while Rico is out exploring:
This is the "Oh, pleasepleaseplease give me cranberries!" face from Pedro:
And more lounging bunny pictures:
My camera has a "Kids and Pets" setting that I'm going to start playing with to see if I can get some non-blurry shots of the little guys' more active cuteness... At present I don't feel like my photography skills are able to fully convey the level of cuteness I live with every day...

2 comments:

Midge said...

I love it when they cuddle up together!

emmo said...

They're funny because sometimes one of them wants to cuddle and the other one doesn't, and you can see the non-cuddler getting more and more annoyed until he finally gets up and moves to the other side of the cage...

Also, this is why I need like 3 more (someday)... Two bunnies aren't enough to form a proper pile. A pile of sleeping bunnies is the most awesome thing on the planet...