Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Who's My Favorite Player? (*sob*)...


My heart is seriously broken right now, and it will probably only get worse as the news sinks in: The Bucs cut Derrick Brooks today. The other cuts (Cato June, Joey Galloway, Ike Hilliard, and Warrick Dunn) make a lot of sense (Dunn maybe less so than the others, but I suspect they're grooming Clifton Smith to back up Williams and Graham at RB). Brooks, though... Brooks looked pretty good last year (went to the Pro Bowl, in fact)... Better than some other veterans (*cough* Barber *cough*) who aren't on that list... I think he's got some game left in him, and it's going to kill me if I have to watch him play in the wrong jersey next season. Rebuilding, schmeebuilding... You treat Mr. Derrick Brooks with more respect than this. The man re-defined the linebacker position and went to 10 straight Pro Bowls (11 total) in the process... You let a guy like Brooks retire with the franchise he helped build.
I'm going to go watch my Bucs Super Bowl DVD and embrace my sadness for a while, but I'll leave you with a few more pictures of the man who was the face of this franchise for the last 14 years...
Sigh...

No comments: