Sunday, October 5, 2008

Weekly Bucs Post: Yet Again, That Sucked…

I dragged myself out of a very comfortable bed to watch this game at 3am in the 24-hour internet cafe, and part of me wishes I hadn’t seen it. There were moments that looked good, particularly in the run game (unfortunately one of my happiest moments in this game was when Griese got hurt… which makes me a very bad person…), but the O-line got dominated and in the end the offense just couldn’t get anything done when they needed to. I feel like there should have been an onside kick at the end of the game, as well, just to give us a fighting chance considering how tired the defense was looking… but I’m saying that with the benefit of hindsight so I probably shouldn’t judge.
Now it’s just a matter of sitting back and waiting to hear if Garcia has the starting job back. Yes, he was dead to me a week ago, but I can’t take Griese at QB anymore, either… I hold my breath pretty much every time Griese drops back, fearing the worst and hoping (foolishly) for the best. At least Garcia lets me breathe a little easier. We’ll see what Gruden decides...

And... that's all I'm going to say about that. I’m still feeling extremely hostile and cranky and sad, and I should probably stop talking about the thing that caused that situation if I want to start feeling better... Soon my lazy brother will get out of bed and hopefully another day exploring Bangkok will cure me of my Bucs-induced ennui.

1 comment:

Jadyn Mia Beverley said...

hey emily... :) glad you guys took the most out of thai food while you were there..

you guys are lucky to have left already. just heard on Hong Kong news that (i miss what provoked it) but there were rioting and car bombing @ bangkok CBD just today.

*phew* (not christian but) hallelujah... :)